Zesty Pork Burgers with Mango Slaw Recipe
- 1½ pounds ground pork
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3 cups tri-colored coleslaw mix (without dressing)
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks, thawed and chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 6 Hawaiian sweet mini sub rolls or hamburger buns, toasted
- Prepare grill to medium heat. In medium bowl, combine ground pork and half the Zesty Honey BBQ Dip Mix. Form into 6 patties.
- Place patties on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature of meat reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine remaining Zesty Honey BBQ Dip Mix, mayonnaise and buttermilk; whisk to combine. Add coleslaw mix, mangos and avocado. Toss to coat.
- Place burgers on toasted buns and top with coleslaw mix.
Makes 6 burgers. Serve with Roasted Onion Potatoes.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare patties through step 1. Place patties in a gallon resealable freezer bag between layers of wax paper. Place remaining Zesty Honey BBQ Dip Mix in a quart resealable freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon resealable freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.