Warm Apple Pie Tart Recipe
Sweet apples, cozy cinnamon and flaky pastry make this rustic tart perfect for fall.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2 cups thinly sliced apples
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine first 3 ingredients; blend well.
- Open sheet of puff pastry, pressing seams to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet; spread with cream cheese mixture to within 1 inch of the edge.
- Arrange apple slices on cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Fold up 1-2 inches of the pastry over the apples, leaving the center open. Bake 25-30 minutes. Drizzle with Creamy Caramel Sauce, and serve warm.
Serving Suggestion: Choose tart Granny Smith apples or crisp, sweet apples like Gala or Braeburn.
Rated 5 out of 5 by kandis from Easy to make and so Yummy! I was honestly afraid I would mess this up since the picture looked so delicate and precise, but it was surprisingly simple and fast. Waiting for it to come out of the oven was the hardest part. Haha.
Date published: 2019-09-22