Wahoo! White Chicken Chili Recipe
A quick and easy chicken chili sure to please on a cold winters night.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 poblano chile pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth or stock
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped mild green chiles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, optional
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, peppers and onions. Sauté 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in broth, beans, chiles and Wahoo! Chili Seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer. Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, cheese and cilantro. Serve garnished with broken up tortilla chips and additional shredded cheese, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with Wahoo! Corn Muffins recipe.
Wine Pairing: Pinot GrisNutrition per Serving: (does not include optional toppings) Calories: 440 Total Fat: 18g Sat. Fat: 10g Cholest: 130mg Sodium: 680mg Carbs: 25g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 3g Protein: 40g
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSLisa925 from Great Chili Change Up! This was the first time I’ve ever made a white chili and it did not disappoint! I skipped the diced chicken breasts and just added in warm shredded rotisserie chicken just before serving. The broth had great flavor and the chicken was able to keep its soft texture, so yummy!
Date published: 2020-09-21