Turkey & Veggie Chili Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 large poblano chile pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1¼ ripe avocados, pittled, peeld and chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into 5 wedges, optional
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey, peppers, Onion Onion Seasoning and Garlic Garlic Seasoning. Cook and crumble until cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, zucchini, cauliflower and Cha Cha! Chile Lime Seasoning. Bring to a simmer; simmer, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender or desired doneness.
- In small bowl, whisk together arrowroot powder and 1 tablespoon water. Stir into chili until slightly thickened.
- Serve chili topped with avocado and green onions. If desired, squeeze a little lime juice over the top.
Makes 4 servings + 1 leftover serving.
Serve with a low-carb green salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Place step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place step 2 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1. Alternatively, prepare through step 3. Let cool. Place in individual freezer-safe storage containers. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Reheat on stovetop or in microwave until heated through.
Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 380 Total Fat: 23g Sat. Fat: 4.5g Cholest: 100mg Sodium: 700mg Carbs: 19g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 9g Protein: 29g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.