Turkey Meatball Gyros Recipe
These yummy gyros are a hearty meal you can hold in your hand.
- 1½ pounds lean ground turkey
- ½ cup plus 1½ tablespoons fat free plain Greek yogurt, divided
- ¾ cup finely minced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons crumbed reduced fat feta cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup light sour cream
- ⅓ cup finely diced cucumber
- 6 flax, oat bran & whole wheat pitas
- Tomato slices, red onion slices
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine ground turkey, 1½ tablespoons yogurt, mushrooms, 3 tablespoons feta cheese, egg, 1 tablespoon Spinach & Herb Seasoning and 1 teaspoon Garlic Garlic Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Gently mix until just combined.
- Form into 24 meatballs; place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 16-18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine remaining ½ cup yogurt, sour cream, cucumbers, remaining 3 tablespoons feta cheese, remaining ½ teaspoon Spinach & Herb Seasoning and remaining ½ teaspoon Garlic Garlic Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired.
- Place meatballs in pitas with tomatoes, onions and cucumber sauce.
Makes 6 servings.Nutrition per Serving:
Calories: 340 Total Fat: 19g Sat. Fat: 6g Cholest: 125mg Sodium: 600mg Carbs: 14g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g Protein: 31g