Tex-Mex Patriotic Potato Salad Recipe
This potato salad with a zip is the perfect side to your patriotic picnic.
- 1 pound baby red potatoes
- 1 pound baby white potatoes
- 1 pound baby purple potatoes
- Non-aerosol olive oil cooking spray
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- ½ (5 ounce) package Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with olive oil spray. Place whole potatoes on baking sheet; spray potatoes with olive oil spray. Season with salt and pepper. Bake 30 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl, combine cilantro, oil, vinegar, shallots, Jalapeño Lime Hot Sauce and salt; pepper to taste. Whisk to combine.
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces. Add to bowl with vinaigrette, red pepper and cheese; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until cool, about 1-2 hours.
Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 3. Refrigerate, covered, up to 2 days.