Tex Mex Beef & Rice Skillet Recipe
Beef and rice simmered with peppers, pinto beans, corn and our Tex-Mex Simmer Sauce.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 poblano chile pepper, chopped
- 1½ cups long-grain white rice
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned or frozen whole kernel corn
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble beef, onions and peppers until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in rice; cook 1 minute. Stir in broth, beans, corn and Tex-Mex Simmer Sauce.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.
Wine Pairing: Pinot NoirNutrition per Serving: Calories: 470 Total Fat: 13g Sat. Fat: 4.5g Cholest: 50mg Sodium: 740mg Carbs: 62g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 25g
Rated 2 out of 5 by LoveTS2021 from Ok but bland flavor profile The recipe itself was ok proportion wise but the flavor wasnt there. I added a significant amount of the salsa seasoning, seasoned salt, and red pepper flakes. Added fresh avocado also and that helped.
Date published: 2020-09-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSFan15 from Delicious!! This recipe is easy to make & super delicious! Will make it again!
Date published: 2020-09-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by CincyFoodie from You'll Make This Once a Week! Super easy 1 pan prep and prepare. Veggies can be varied. I added fresh green beans in place of pinto beans - delicious! This will become one of your "go to" recipes.
Date published: 2020-09-02
Rated 4 out of 5 by mominthekitchen from New dinner recipe addition! I'm not traditionally into Tex-Mex but this was yummy! I really enjoyed the flavor and how it was to make it. You can make it with ground turkey or ground beef. You do not use the whole jar for the recipe, so you'll be able to try another recipe with what's left over!
Date published: 2020-08-23