Sweet & Spicy Bayou Beans Recipe
A variety of beans in a sweet and spicy bayou sauce makes a great grilling side dish.
- ½ pound bacon, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- In large saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain off drippings.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in bacon.
Makes 8 (½ cup) servings.