Sweet & Spicy Bacon Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
Whether entertaining guests or feeding the family, these tasty shrimp kabobs will impress everyone at the table.
- ¾ cup spicy ketchup* such as Sriracha, jalapeño or hot & spicy
- 1½-2 pounds (16-20 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1½-2 (2.52 ounce) packages fully cooked bacon slices, cut in half
- 6-8 wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- In small bowl, combine first 3 ingredients and ½ teaspoon Ultimate Steak Seasoning; whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1-1½ teaspoons Ultimate Steak Seasoning. Wrap one-half piece of bacon along the back of each shrimp and place on skewers, making sure the skewer goes through both ends of bacon.
- Brush skewers with half the sauce. Place on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until shrimp is cooked through and opaque in color, about 6-8 minutes. Brush with remaining sauce the last 2-3 minutes.
Wine Pairing: Sauvignon Blanc or Rosé.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1 in a quart freezer bag. Prepare step 2 and place in a gallon freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Prepare grill to medium heat and continue with step 3.
*Note: For a mild sauce, use regular ketchup in place of the spicy ketchup.
Nutrition per Serving:
Rated 2 out of 5 by Nana Jana from Strange flavor combination The ketchup and strawberry rhubarb combination just didn’t do it this time. First recipe I didn’t care for. Everyone ate them because they were expensive shrimp, but we all agreed it was a huge disservice to otherwise delectable seafood. Not to mention the bacon. Very disappointing. Had to leave this review because 3 years later I still remember how unappetizing it was.
Date published: 2021-10-12