Sweet & Sour Grilled Meatballs over Rice Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 12 fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 red and/or green bell peppers, cubed
- 6 long skewers, soaked 30 minutes if wooden
- 3 cups prepared white or brown rice
- Prepare grill to medium heat. In large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients. Form into 18 large meatballs.
- Carefully place meatballs, pineapple and peppers on skewers in desired patterns.
- Place skewers on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until internal temperature of meatballs reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 6-8 minutes. Start basting with Orange Chile Sauce about halfway through.
- Serve skewers over prepared rice. Drizzle with additional Orange Chile Sauce, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Place Orange Chile Sauce in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
Wine Pairing: Dry RieslingNutrition per Serving: Calories: 530 Total Fat: 23g Sat. Fat: 8g Cholest: 110mg Sodium: 500mg Carbs: 37g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 10g Protein: 24g