Sweet Potato Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans beef broth
- 15 oz. can black beans, undrained
- 15-16 oz. can chili beans in mild or medium sauce
- 1 lb. yams or sweet potatoes, peel and cut into 1½-inch cubes
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey, browned and drained (optional)
- 1 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- Slow Cooker
Serve it tonight: Combine all ingredients in greased slow cooker. Cover; cook on high 5-6 hours or until potatoes are fork-tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
Freeze it for later: Combine all ingredients, except sweet potatoes or yams, in a gallon resealable freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Prepare as directed above.
Serve with a biscuit or a slice of crusty bread.