Sweet Mesquite Steak Quesadillas Recipe
- 1¼ pounds beef skirt steak or flank steak
- 1½ limes, divided
- 2 large poblano chile peppers, cut into 3-4 sections each
- 1 medium onion, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- ¼ cup pico de gallo
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo
- In gallon freezer bag, combine first 3 ingredients and juice of 1 lime. Seal well; toss to coat. Reopen, add peppers and onions. Seal well; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Remove steak and veggies from bag; discard bag with marinade. Place steak and veggies on grill.
- Grill, turning steak once and veggies occasionally, until desired doneness is reached on an instant-read food thermometer (145°F for medium-rare; 160°F for medium), about 8-12 minutes. Remove veggies from grill when lightly charred or desired doneness. Brush steak with ¼ cup Sweet Mesquite & Ale Sauce the last 1-2 minutes of grilling. Remove from grill; let rest 5 minutes. Keep grill on.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine avocados, pico de gallo, juice of ½ lime and Sí Sí Cilantro Seasoning. Mash to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Slice or chop steak, peppers and onions. Divide among tortillas. Drizzle with remaining ¼ cup Sweet Mesquite & Ale Sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Fold in half. Place quesadillas on grill. Grill, turning once, until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Cut each quesadilla into 3-4 wedges and serve with guacamole, sour cream, lettuce and pico de gallo.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a Mexican-style green salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place Sweet Mesquite & Ale Sauce in a quart freezer bag. Prepare step 4 without pico de gallo; place in a quart freezer bag. Place tortillas in a gallon freezer bag. Place cheese in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2 and stir pico de gallo into step 4.
Wine Pairing: Rioja
Nutrition per Serving: (does not include toppings) Calories: 690 Total Fat: 37g Sat. Fat: 12g Cholest: 100mg Sodium: 1,520mg Carbs: 56g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 14g Protein: 36g