Sunny Lemon Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
These lemon and fruit filled cookies are easy to prepare and a great mini dessert for company or your family.
- ½ + 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl combine Sunny Lemon™ Pound Cake & Icing Mix packet 1, ½ cup butter and egg; stir well to combine.
- Roll dough into generous 1-inch balls; place on greased baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; using back of teaspoon or your thumb, make a rounded indentation in the top of each cookie. Fill with 1 teaspoon Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Spread. Bake additional 6-8 minutes until lightly browned.
- In small bowl combine Sunny Lemon™ Pound Cake & Icing Mix packet 2, remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon water; whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; top with almonds.
Makes 22-24 cookies.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Deb be cookie from Awesome lemon cookies I made these for the holidays. I had to adjust the recipe because it says 1/2 + 2 Tbsps. butter softened but it should read 1/2 cup softened butter (for the cookie part of the recipe) and the 2 Tbsp. butter should be melted (needed for the icing part of the recipe). The 1 Tbsp. water goes with the melted butter for the icing. Anyway, I made them two different ways.....one batch filled with my favorite seedless red raspberry jelly and the other batch unfilled but glazed with the icing. Success! They are awesome. Just ask my family.
Date published: 2019-12-21