Summer Fresh Gazpacho with Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup unsalted chicken broth or stock
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup prepared Sí Sí Pico de Gallo
- 1¼ pounds (26-30 count) raw shrimp, peeled and devined
- 1 lime, cut in half
- In large blender, combine first 11 ingredients and 3 tablespoons oil. Blend to desired consistency. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine diced avocado and Sí Sí Pico de Gallo. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine shrimp, 1 tablespoon oil and Cha Cha! Chile Lime Seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp. Sauté until opaque in color and internal temperature reaches 145°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 5-7 minutes. Squeeze half of lime over the shrimp. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Divide soup among large soup bowls. Top with shrimp and avocado relish. Drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired. Cut other half of lime into 5 wedges. Squeeze over soup.
This recipe uses Sí Sí Pico de Gallo.
Makes 4 servings + 1 leftover serving.
Make Ahead: Prepare step 1 and 3. Refrigerate several hours or up to overnight. Continue with step 2 when ready to serve.
Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 250 Total Fat: 17g Sat. Fat: 2.5g Cholest: 115mg Sodium: 820mg Carbs: 13g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 15g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.