Stuffed Italian Burgers Recipe
- 1½ pounds ground pork
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- In medium bowl, gently mix pork and 2 tablespoons Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix together. Divide mixture into 8 (3-ounce) balls (about the size of a tangerine).
- Using your hands or a burger press, create 8 patties about ⅜-inch thick. Place cheese in the center of 4 patties; top with remaining patties and seal the edges.
- In small bowl, combine tomato sauce and remaining 1 tablespoon Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix; set aside.
- Grill or pan-fry burgers, turning once, until internal temperature of burgers (not cheese) reach 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 8-10 minutes. Serve on buns topped with prepared Mama Mia Marinara Sauce.
Makes 4 servings.