Spooky Spider Cheese Ball Recipe
Never has an appetizer been so sweet and so scary at the same time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 16 pretzel sticks
- ½ cup chocolate chips, divided
- 2 creme filled chocolate sandwich cookies, creme filling removed, finely crushed
- Optional dippers: strawberries, bananas, apples, kiwi, assorted cookies, graham crackers
- Prepare Tiramisu Cheese Ball Mix packet 1 according to package directions using cream cheese (discard packet 2). Using 1 tablespoon cheese ball mixture, "paste" 2 pretzel sticks together, creating spider legs; refrigerate to harden.
- Set 2 chocolate chips aside. In small microwave-safe bowl, microwave remaining chocolate chips on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir; microwave 30 seconds or until melted and smooth. Transfer to a quart freezer bag.
- Trim corner of bag to create a piping bag. Pipe a chocolate spider web on a serving platter. Allow to dry. Form cheese ball mixture into the body and head of the spider on platter. Sprinkle with crushed cookies.
- Create eyes with reserved chocolate chips and insert pretzels spider legs into cheese ball. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Serve with assorted cookies and fruit for dippers.
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: Use white chocolate chips for spider web if using a dark platter.