Spinach & Herb Shrimp over Zoodles Recipe
This shrimp and zoodles fits our Cutting Carbs Lifestyle and is Keto-friendly.
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1½ pounds (16-20 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup half & half
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 (12 ounce) packages zoodles, prepared as desired
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, shallots, mushrooms and 1 teaspoon Ultimate Steak Seasoning. Sauté 4-5 minutes. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add shrimp and remaining 1 teaspoon Ultimate Steak Seasoning to skillet; sauté until opaque in color, about 4-5 minutes. Add cooked veggies back to skillet.
- Stir in half & half, cheese and Spinach & Herb Seasoning. Reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes or until sauce is desired thickness. Salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve over prepared zoodles.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir
Nutrition per Serving: (based on dairy version)
Calories: 220 Total Fat: 10g Sat. Fat: 4g Cholest: 170mg Sodium: 1,090mg Carbs: 10g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Protein: 22g
To Make a Paleo-Friendly Version:
- Omit half & half and Parmesan cheese. Refrigerate 1 (13.5 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk several hours.
- Before starting recipe, carefully remove can from refrigerator (do not shake) and open. Scoop out the solid coconut cream into a medium bowl. Discard remaining coconut water. Whisk ½ cup milk of choice (cashew, almond, coconut) into bowl with solid coconut cream until a creamy consistency. Set aside.
- Stir into step 3 (in place of half & half and Parmesan cheese). In small bowl, whisk together 1½ tablespoons arrowroot powder and 1½ tablespoons cold water. Stir into step 3 after simmering. Remove from heat and mix well.
Calories: 250 Total Fat: 16g Sat. Fat: 12g Cholest: 145mg Sodium: 990mg Carbs: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 19g
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sassy27 from Best flavor profile! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this dish. We did cheat and served it over Israeli pearl couscous. We can’t wait to have it again
Date published: 2020-09-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by GarlicGarlicMN from Great for Something Different We like to make it with the coconut milk alternative since I am lactose intolerant. It’s a great dish for when you like to spice things up! We have not made it with zoodles yet, we’ve been using the recipe with spaghetti.
Date published: 2020-08-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by Tornette 1964 from Surprise of a Meal I was very skeptical, at first; however, it was one of the recipés in my "TS 14-day Reset kit" diet plan, so I had to try it. I had never before cooked with almond or coconut milk, Zoodles (zuccini noodles), or mushrooms, but, to my surprise, I liked the recipé and have cooked it again! By the way, I finished my 14-day Reset just over 2 weeks ago (which included Christmas and New Year's) and lost 7 pounds. This is the first time I have "dieted" and have not ever felt hunger pains! I am normally a big eater by habit, but I found that this meal, along with all the others in the plan, were very satisfying to my appetite, which really surprised me! There were times I had to make myself eat a meal just because I am diabetic and must eat 3 meals a day. I plan to get back on this plan again--after the Super Bowl!
Date published: 2020-01-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by TS forever from We loved this one! I was skeptica about this one as it was using zoodles and coconut milk but we loved it. I was rich and creamy. I added a ton of veggies to the recipe!
Date published: 2019-08-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by JMSTribe from Healthy and delish! My family loves this...so do I! It is simple to make and so delicious. I have made it with coconut milk too, and sometimes I use cubed zucchini sauteed over high heat instead of the zoodles.
Date published: 2019-07-16
Rated 2 out of 5 by mspiano from Odd base and seasoning. We were not fond of this recipe. The odd thing was, we could not really say what the specific issue was. For me, I did not care for the sauce. My husband said “I would be fine if you never made this again.” I had to agree. Maybe just our personal taste. I was hoping for the delightful seasonings and recipes similar to Hello Fressh. We were blown away by their recipes. We chose to try Tastefully Simple to avoid all the packaging Hello Fresh has. We will continue to try the other low carb recipes.
Date published: 2019-06-28