Spinach & Herb Chicken Kabobs Recipe
Kabobs on the grill are a great and quick meal idea for summer.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- 12 whole fresh button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 12 chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 6 sections, sections cut in half
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Cut chicken into 24 pieces (about 1½-inch cubes). Place in a gallon resealable freezer bag. In small bowl, combine next 4 ingredients; pour half over chicken. Seal bag and toss to coat. Place the other half in a quart resealable freezer bag. Refrigerate both bags 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Thread chicken and vegetables on skewers in desired pattern; discard bag with chicken marinade.
- Combine other half of marinade with melted butter; brush on kabobs. Place kabobs on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-15 minutes.
Makes 6 servings. Serve with Creamy Spinach & Herb Pasta.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 1. Place both bags in a gallon resealable freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Shel74 from Yum on charcoal grill! Made this tonight without veggies on charcoal grill with Lipton fried rice as side and was so good! Will make again
Date published: 2016-06-30