Spaghetti Squash & Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1½ pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 (28 ounce) can + 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Place squash halves on a baking sheet, face up. Drizzle with Avocado Oil and sprinkle with Ultimate Steak Seasoning. Bake 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine turkey, egg, 1 tablespoon Onion Onion Seasoning and 1 tablespoon Rustic Herb Seasoning. Mix just to combine. Form into 28-30 meatballs. Place on a large, greased rimmed baking sheet. Place in oven with squash. Bake 10-12 minutes.
- In large saucepan, combine tomatoes, remaining 1 tablespoon Onion Onion Seasoning and 1 tablespoon Rustic Herb Seasoning. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat; add meatballs to sauce. Simmer 10 minutes or until spaghetti squash is done.
- Pull a fork across spaghetti squash to create strands. Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti squash strands.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.
Wine Pairing: Merlot
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 2 ingredients. Form into meatballs and place in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Combine step 3 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 340 Total Fat: 18g Sat. Fat: 4.5g Cholest: 120mg Sodium: 1,140mg Carbs: 23g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 13g Protein: 25g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.