Southwest Chicken Quinoa Bake Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup red or white quinoa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a greased 13x9-inch baking dish, combine all ingredients; salt and pepper as desired. Stir.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Stir. Continue baking, covered, 20 minutes; stir. Continue baking, uncovered, 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings OR 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Southwestern Lettuce Salad recipe.
Wine Pairing: Sauvignon Blanc
For remix Southwest Chicken Quinoa Tacos recipe: reserve 2 cups Southwest Chicken Quinoa Bake in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine all ingredients except chicken broth in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.Nutrition per Serving:
Calories: 300 Total Fat: 7g Sat. Fat: 1.5g Cholest: 105mg Sodium: 810mg Carbs: 30g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 2g Protein: 31g