Smoky BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
The perfect grilled chicken on a fresh salad makes a perfect summer weeknight meal.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Rustic Herb Seasoning , divided
- ½ cup creamy ranch dressing
- 18 ounces chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (canned or frozen and thawed)
- 1 cup fancy shredded Cheddar cheese
- Tortilla strips or chips, optional
- Combine chicken, oil and 1 tablespoon Rustic Herb Seasoning in a gallon freezer bag. Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from bag; discard bag with marinade. Place chicken on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes, basting with ¼ cup Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce the last 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from grill; let stand 5 minutes then slice. Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce, ranch dressing and 1 teaspoon Rustic Herb Seasoning. Add lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, corn and cheese; toss to coat.
- Divide among 6 dinner plates. Top with sliced chicken and sprinkle with tortilla strips, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with corn bread muffins.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 1. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by itssimplecallsharon from This is a keeper, I will make this again! I will be making this again. I wanted something different in a salad, loved it!
Date published: 2020-05-03