Smoky BBQ Bacon Burgers Recipe
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- ½ pound raw bacon, chopped
- 6 slices (or 4 slices for Dinner Mixer recipe) Cheddar cheese
- 6 (or 4 for Dinner Mixer recipe) hamburger buns, toasted
- Mayonnaise, lettuce leaves, tomato slices, pickle slices, optional
- In medium bowl, combine beef, raw bacon and Smoky BBQ Cheese Ball Mix; salt and pepper as desired. Form into 6 patties.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Place patties on grill. Grill, turning once, 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer. Top 4 burgers with cheese.
- Spread toasted buns with mayonnaise and top with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles, if desired. Top with burgers.
Makes 6 servings OR makes 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Onion Dip.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place patties in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
For remix BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Nachos recipe: Place 2 leftover burgers without cheese in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.