Smoky Bacon Campfire Beans Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ lb. bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 16 oz. can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.75 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.25 oz. can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 oz. can mild chili beans
Brown ground beef with onion in a cast iron Dutch oven or skillet; drain. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
For the campfire:
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Cover pan loosely with foil and cook over indirect heat for 1-2 hours or until heated through.
For the oven:
Preheat oven to 350°. Bake in a greased, 3-quart pan covered with foil for 1 hour.