Smoked Maple Squash & Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Bask in fall flavors. Brussels sprouts, squash, butter and our Smoked Maple Seasoning make an easy, savory side dish.
- 3½ pounds fresh acorn or kabocha squash, washed
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut off both ends of squash; cut in half vertically. Using a spoon, scrape out seeds. Cut each half into 1-inch thick slices.
- On greased large rimmed baking sheet, combine squash and Brussels sprouts.
- Bake 10 minutes. Turn vegetables over and brush with melted butter. Generously grind Smoked Maple Seasoning over vegetables. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with more seasoning, if desired.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Tip: For additional browning, place under broiler.
Rated 5 out of 5 by RandLsMom from I love this seasoning! This seasoning is great! We love the flavor! I like to add diced sweet potatoes to this recipe and use the Tastefully Simple Avocado Oil or coconut oil instead of butter.
Date published: 2016-11-04
Rated 3 out of 5 by Tiny bubbles from Smokey maple seasoning I love it on fresh butternut squash! Helping me with my detox for the next two weeks
Date published: 2016-10-10
Rated 3 out of 5 by Angie2016 from Ehhhh..... just okay I was SO excited to try this! Unfortunately, I had to use SO MUCH seasoning in order to even be able to taste it. The flavor was okay but just too subtle. I probably won't purchase this again.
Date published: 2016-10-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lenore Cat from YUM! Great way to get anyone to eat brussel sprouts! So totally YUM!
Date published: 2016-08-29