Slow Cooker Chicken Verde Recipe
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatillos, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped mild green chiles
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Chopped avocados, chopped cilantro, chopped tomatoes, lime wedges
- Slow Cooker
- In a 3-quart or larger slow cooker, combine first 4 ingredients. Add chicken.
- Cook on LOW 7-9 hours or HIGH 4-5 hours or until chicken falls apart.
- Shred and serve with toppings.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve over Salsa Cauliflower Rice recipe.
Tip: A potato masher works well to break up the tomatillos.Nutrition per Serving: (does not include toppings) Calories: 230 Total Fat: 8g Sat. Fat: 1.5g Cholest: 140mg Sodium: 600mg Carbs: 6g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 0g Protein: 31g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.