Slow Cooker Chicken a la King Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½-1 (25 ounce) package frozen jumbo buttermilk biscuits (12 count)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, cooked
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream or half & half
- Slow Cooker
- In 4-quart or larger slow cooker, whisk together first 3 ingredients. Add chicken thighs, covering with soup. Cook on LOW 5-7 hours or until chicken shreds easily.
- Just before removing chicken from slow cooker, prepare desired number of biscuits according to package directions.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred; return to slow cooker. Add vegetables and cream. Turn slow cooker to HIGH and cook 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chicken a la king over biscuits.
Makes 6 servings.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Place chicken and Onion Onion Seasoning in a quart freezer bag. Place in a gallon freezer bag with frozen veggies. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1, adding Onion Onion Seasoning with chicken.
Nutrition per Serving: (based on 6 biscuits) Calories: 640 Total Fat: 36g Sat. Fat: 14g Cholest: 125mg Sodium: 1,450mg Carbs: 53g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 8g Protein: 23g