Si Si Baked Bread Bowl Recipe
Having a party? Everyone will gather around this baked bread bowl, loaded with gloriously gooey, cheesy dip.
- 1 (8 ounce) package package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices, bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large unsliced round bread loaf
- Assorted veggies, such as cucumber slices, baby carrots, sliced red bell peppers, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, combine first 3 ingredients until smooth. Stir in bacon, spinach, water chestnuts and 1 cup cheese.
- Cut off top of bread loaf. Hollow out bread; cube removed bread and set aside for dipping.
- Fill bread bowl with dip and place on baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Remove foil, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Continue baking 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with reserved bread cubes and assorted veggies.