Shrimp & Zucchini Pesto Pasta Recipe
Fresh, colorful veggies are the best ever in this family-friendly meal.
- 10 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 1½ pounds (26-30 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; salt and pepper as desired. Sauté until cooked through and opaque in color, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil to skillet. Add zucchini; salt and pepper as desired. Sauté until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix according to package directions using remaining 2 tablespoons Avocado Oil and water.
- Add prepared pesto, shrimp, pasta and tomatoes to skillet. Toss to coat; continue cooking until heated through.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a garden salad.Nutrition per Serving:
Calories: 350 Total Fat: 12g Sat. Fat: 1.5g Cholest: 145mg Sodium: 680mg Carbs: 40g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 4g Protein: 22g