Shredded Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1 (2½-3 pound) boneless pork roast, cut into 4 sections
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mangos, thawed and chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 18 Iceberg lettuce leaves
- Slow Cooker
- In a 4-quart or larger slow cooker, combine first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon Onion Onion Seasoning. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours or HIGH 6-8 hours.
- In medium bowl, combine next 4 ingredients and remaining 1½ teaspoons Onion Onion Seasoning. Toss to combine. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Shred pork, serve in lettuce leaves topped with mango salsa.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad, broccoli slaw or coleslaw.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Place step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely and continue with step 1.
Wine Pairing: ChardonnayNutrition per Serving: Calories: 350 Total Fat: 6g Sat. Fat: 2g Cholest: 145mg Sodium: 420mg Carbs: 17g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 14g Protein: 54g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.