Shredded Beef Taco Salad Recipe
This taco salad fits our Dairy & Grain Free Lifestyle and is Paleo-friendly.
- 1 (2 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- ½-1 cup milk of choice (almond, cashew, soy, coconut, rice)
- 18 ounces chopped Romaine lettuce
- Taco toppings such as chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, sliced black olives, sliced jalapeños, chopped avocados
- Slow Cooker
- In a 3-quart or larger slow cooker, combine first 3 ingredients and 3 tablespoons Simply Salsa Mix. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours or HIGH 6-8 hours. Shred.
- In small bowl, mash avocado with remaining ½ tablespoon Simply Salsa Mix. Whisk in milk to desired consistency.
- In large bowl, toss Romaine lettuce with avocado dressing. Divide among 6 dinner plates. Top with shredded beef and desired taco toppings.
Nutrition per Serving: (does not include taco toppings)
Calories: 350 Total Fat: 21g Sat. Fat: 8g Cholest: 105mg Sodium: 410mg Carbs: 10g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 4g Protein: 31g
Rated 5 out of 5 by MiciB from The best salad My husband I loved this one. Sometimes just a salad doesn't cut it, this one is great!
Date published: 2019-07-25