Seared Salmon over Citrus Zoodles Recipe
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 (4 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- ½ pound fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 2 (12-13 ounce) containers spiralized zucchini
- ½ (10.5 ounce) container grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a gallon freezer bag, combine 3 tablespoons oil, Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and 2 tablespoons Citrus Herb Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Add salmon fillets. Seal well and toss to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove salmon from marinade; discard bag with marinade. Place salmon in skillet. Sear, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 145°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat remaining 4 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus; sauté 3-4 minutes. Add zoodles and remaining 2 tablespoons Citrus Herb Seasoning. Sauté until crisp-tender or desired doneness, about 3-4 minutes. Toss with tomatoes and parsley.
- Serve zoodles topped with salmon. Garnish with shaved Parmesan, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.Nutrition per Serving: (does not include optional cheese) Calories: 380 Total Fat: 24g Sat. Fat: 3.5g Cholest: 60mg Sodium: 740mg Carbs: 16g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Protein: 25g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.