Savory Beef and Rice Skillet Recipe
- 1½ pounds beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetables
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- In large skillet, heat Avocado Oil over medium-high heat. Add seasoned steak and Onion Onion Seasoning; sauté until desired doneness. Stir in ½ cup Bayou Bourbon Glaze; stir until warmed. Remove beef from skillet; cover and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat. Add rice, broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in frozen vegetables and continue simmering until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes. Add beef mixture back to skillet. Simmer 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve drizzled with remaining 3 tablespoons Bayou Bourbon Glaze and green onions.
Makes 6 servings.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine first 3 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place Bayou Bourbon Glaze in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze with frozen veggies. Thaw completely, leaving veggies frozen. Continue with step 1.
Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 670 Total Fat: 13g Sat. Fat: 2.5g Cholest: 70mg Sodium: 780mg Carbs: 98g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 28g Protein: 34g