Sausage Pizza Tacos Recipe
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
- ½ cup mini pepperoni slices
- 12 hard or soft shell tacos
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Serve tonight: In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain. Return to skillet.
Add next 4 ingredients. Simmer 5 minutes. Serve in taco shells; top with lettuce and cheese. Makes 6 servings.
Serve with fresh fruit.
Freeze for later: Place sausage in a quart resealable freezer bag. Combine next 4 ingredients in a quart resealable freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon resealable freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Prepare as directed above.