Rustic Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2-3 celery ribs, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Slow Cooker
Serve it tonight: Sauté chicken in butter in a skillet or saucepan until no longer pink. Place cooked chicken and remaining ingredients in a large slow cooker. Cook on low 6-8 hours.* Makes 6 servings.
*Can be simmered on the stove for 1-2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Serve it later: Place cooked chicken and remaining ingredients in a resealable plastic bag; freeze. To serve, thaw completely and prepare in slow cooker as directed above.
Suggested sides: Garden salad with French or ranch dressing and crusty bread.