Roasted Veggie Penne Recipe
Veggies roasted and tossed with whole wheat penne, Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and feta cheese.
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 (10.5 ounce) container cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mini sweet peppers
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat penne
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with no-stick spray. Combine first 5 ingredients on baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with Garlic Garlic Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Toss to coat. Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. In small microwave-safe dish, combine Spinach & Herb Seasoning with 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds.
- Drain pasta, reserving ¼ cup pasta water. Add pasta back to pan. Add roasted veggies, Spinach & Herb mixture, Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Toss to coat adding reserved pasta water as you toss.
- Toss with cheese and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 480 Total Fat: 19g Sat. Fat: 4g Cholest: 10mg Sodium: 260mg Carbs: 68g Fiber: 10g Sugar: 10g Protein: 13g