Roasted Chicken & Veggies over Quinoa Recipe
Protein, veggies, healthy whole grains and tons of FLAVOR come together in this easy meal.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small zucchini, sliced, slices cut in half
- 1 small summer squash, sliced, slices cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced portobello mushrooms, each slice quartered
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1½ cups quinoa
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a gallon freezer bag, combine first 7 ingredients, 1 tablespoon Spinach & Herb Seasoning and 1 teaspoon Garlic Garlic Seasoning. Seal well and toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Transfer chicken and veggies to baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine 3 cups water, quinoa, remaining 1 tablespoon Spinach & Herb Seasoning and remaining 1 tablespoon Garlic Garlic Seasoning. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir.
- Serve chicken and veggies over quinoa.
Makes 6 servings.Nutrition per Serving:
Calories: 360 Total Fat: 10g Sat. Fat: 2g Cholest: 130mg Sodium: 220mg Carbs: 26g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 1g Protein: 43g