Red White Blue Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
Wow your guests this Memorial Day with this festive red, white and blue lemon bundt cake!
- ½ cup and 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 cup and 1-2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 bottle red food coloring
- 1 bottle blue food coloring
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325°.F. Combine Packet 1 of Sunny Lemon Pound Cake Mix, ½ cup butter (melted) and 1 cup water in a large bowl; blend well. Do not over mix; batter will be lumpy.
- Divide batter evenly into 3 bowls. Add red food coloring to one and blue food coloring to another. The more color you add, the more saturated the color will be. I used about 1/3 of the bottle. Gently fold in until food coloring is even.
- Spread batter into a greased Bundt pan in layers. I put red on the bottom, white in the middle and blue on top so that when I flipped the pan they were in the traditional red, white and blue order.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Remove from pan.
- Combine Packet 2 of Sunny Lemon Icing Mix with remaining 2 tablespoons butter (melted) and 1-2 tablespoons water; whisk until smooth. Drizzle over top and sides of pound cake. Surround Cake with fresh berries.
Rated 5 out of 5 by jlarson from So fresh tasting and beautiful! This cake was so good, having just one piece was impossible. I loved how easy it was to make and how beautiful it turned out.
Date published: 2016-06-01