Quinoa, Chicken & Snap Pea Salad Recipe
This salad is a great option for weeknight meals or a healthy meal anytime.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 8 oz. bag fresh snap peas, cut diagonally into thirds
- 8 oz. fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
In medium saucepan combine water and quinoa. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool. In medium bowl, combine peas, mushrooms and red onion. Whisk vinegar, oil, lemon zest and juice. Stir dressing into the cooled quinoa. Add chicken and vegetables. Toss and serve.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mere from Great healthy dinner or lunch option Very flavorful and healthy. My daughter even loved it!
Date published: 2015-08-18