Quick Simmer Taco Soup Recipe
No chopping needed for this soup. Simply open and dump tex-mex ingredients together and simmer. Viola!
- 6 cups unsalted chicken broth or stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can no salt added black beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can no salt added whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 2 cups prepared Make & Freeze Taco Meat, thawed if frozen
- 2 cups small shell pasta
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Tortilla strips, optional
This recipe uses Make & Freeze Taco Meat.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, combine first 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add pasta. Simmer 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, sour cream and cilantro, if desired, until melted and smooth. Garnish with tortilla strips, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.Nutrition per Serving: (does not include optional toppings) Calories: 640 Total Fat: 30g Sat. Fat: 17g Cholest: 120mg Sodium: 790mg Carbs: 50g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 8g Protein: 38g