Quick & Easy Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (14.2 ounce) package fresh-cooked Thai rice stir-fry noodles or 8 ounces rice stir-fry noodles, prepared
- In medium bowl, combine sliced chicken, sesame oil and cornstarch. In small bowl, combine beaten eggs, Onion Onion Seasoning and Seasoned Salt. In another small bowl, combine chicken broth and Tangy Thai Sauce.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add eggs. Using a rubber spatula, scramble eggs, breaking them up as they cook; remove to a plate. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add chicken; stir-fry until cooked through and lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Remove to plate with eggs.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to skillet. When hot, add in Tangy Thai mixture and cooked noodles. Bring to a boil. Boil, stirring frequently, until sauce reduces by half and is glossy looking. Stir in chicken and eggs. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve garnished with peanuts, chopped cilantro and fresh-squeezed lime juice.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1 in 3 separate quart freezer bags instead of bowls. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.