Queso Chicken Nachos Recipe
These simple nachos are a quick dinner solution. Set out toppings for each person to customize their nachos.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 (13 ounce) bag restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Nacho toppings such as diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, chopped avocado or guacamole, sliced jalapeño peppers, sliced black olives, sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Add water and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Place tortillas chips on a large baking sheet. Top with Monterey Jack Queso, chicken and cheese. Build a second layer if needed. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve nachos with desired toppings.
Makes 6 servings.
Serving Suggestion: Place desired toppings in separate serving dishes to allow everyone to top their own nachos.
Wine Pairing: Sauvignon BlancNutrition per Serving: (does not include optional toppings) Calories: 650 Total Fat: 36g Sat. Fat: 12g Cholest: 90mg Sodium: 1,260mg Carbs: 47g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 33g