Pesto Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mini sweet peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh baby bella mushrooms
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 3 tablespoons water
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil over medium-high heat.
- Add next 7 ingredients*; salt and pepper as desired. Cook, covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover, continue cooking until chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer and veggies are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small microwave-safe dish. Combine Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix with water and remaining 3 tablespoons Avocado Oil. Microwave 1 minute; stir.
- Stir pesto into chicken and veggies. Toss to coat well; cook 1-2 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.
*Note: Skillet will be very full; be patient as veggies will cook down.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 280 Total Fat: 12g Sat. Fat: 1.5g Cholest: 85mg Sodium: 230mg Carbs: 12g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Protein: 29g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.