Pesto Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can small black olives, rinsed and drained, optional
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- ½ cup reduced-fat feta cheese crumbles, optional
- Slow Cooker
- Season chicken with Garlic Pepper Seasoning. Place in a 3-quart or larger slow cooker. Add next 5 ingredients; gently stir. Cook on LOW 4-5 hours, or until chicken shreds easily.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. Shred chicken and add back to sauce in slow cooker.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta. Garnish with cheese, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.
Wine Pairing: Sangiovese
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Prepare pasta; rinse with cold water and toss with 1 teaspoon oil. Place in a gallon freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.