Orange Chile Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Enjoy your own taste of the tropics with this crispy-coconutty shrimp and island dipping sauce.
- ¾ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ¾ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound tail-on cooked jumbo shrimp
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In shallow dish, combine first 3 ingredients and salt as desired. Place flour in second shallow dish and eggs in third shallow dish.
- Dust shrimp in flour, dip in egg and dredge in bread crumbs. Set aside.
- In large, deep-sided skillet, add enough oil to reach 1-inch deep. Heat over medium heat until oil reaches 375°F on a deep fry thermometer. Carefully add shrimp, in batches, and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 90 seconds. Carefully remove from oil and drain on clean paper towels.
- Serve immediately with Orange Chile Sauce for dipping.
Makes 4 servings.
Rated 5 out of 5 by GrayB from New family fave It was the Bomb!! I substited chicken for the shrimp in this recipe. (Our house has a shellfish allergy)
Date published: 2020-06-02