Mummy Meatball Sandwiches Recipe
These yummy Mummy Meatball Sandwiches are a spooktacular meal everyone will love!
- 1 (26 ounce) package frozen Italian-style meatballs
- 1 (24 ounce) jar traditional pasta sauce
- 6 brat buns or hoagie rolls, cut in half
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese block, shredded in long strips
- 24 black olive slices
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, combine meatballs, pasta sauce, Onion Onion™ Seasoning and Mama Mia™ Marinara Sauce Mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature of the meatballs reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer.
- Meanwhile, gently hollow out brat bun halves creating coffins. Place on a large baking sheet. Fill buns with meatballs and sauce. Place long shreds of cheese across meatballs creating a mummy. Place 2 olive slices at one end of each bun creating eyes.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Makes 12 servings.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CookinNow from Cute and yummy I did this around halloween and I loved them. Perfect meatballs.
Date published: 2017-01-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rleh from Yummy! Everyone loves it....even my kids! Making it - non- mummy- for tailgating today!!
Date published: 2015-11-08