Monster Cake Truffles Recipe
- 1 cup plus 1-2 tablespoons water, divided
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- ¾ (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- 1 (20 ounce) package vanilla-flavored almond bark
- Food coloring
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix packet 1, 1 cup water and butter. Transfer batter into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and top is nicely browned. Cool completely.
- Break pound cake into small, uniform crumbs (the smaller the better for a smooth truffle.) With a sturdy spoon, stir in ¾ of the cream cheese frosting; stir until stiff dough forms. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cover; chill 1 hour.
- Melt almond bark as directed on package; pour into small deep bowls and add food coloring as desired. Dip each cake ball into the warm almond bark. Set on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Continue with the remaining cake balls.
- Mix Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix packet 2 with 1-2 tablespoons water and drizzle over truffles.
- Decorated each with sprinkles and eye(s).
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gingerninja from Super Cute I made these for the office Halloween Party and made them into cake pops! Everyone loved them!
Date published: 2019-10-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by JKSimpleCreations from So cute and so good! This recipe was super easy. I made these for a work party - people weren't expecting lemon, but it was a pleasant surprise! They were so yummy and super cute little monsters.
Date published: 2018-11-20