Mom's Taco Pie Recipe
Make a one-dish dinner with this quick and easy twist on taco night.
- 1 (8 ounce) tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
- ½ (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- ⅔ cup water
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican-style cheesee
- Toppings such as chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, nacho cheese tortilla chips, chopped avocado, taco sauce and/or plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough; place in a greased 9-inch square baking dish or 10-inch pie plate, pressing firmly up the sides to form a crust. Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven and carefully spread with refried beans.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes; drain.
- Stir in seasoning and water; simmer, stirring until thickened. Spoon over crust. Top with cheese. Return to oven and bake 7-10 additional minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.