Mom's Steak Burrito Bowls Recipe
- 1½ pounds beef flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup unsalted beef broth or stock
- 3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Toppings such as shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, chopped onion, sliced black olives, sliced jalapeño peppers, chopped avocado, sour cream, salsa
- Slow Cooker
- In a 3-quart or larger slow cooker, combine first 3 ingredients. Cook on LOW 4-5 hours.
- Divide rice, beans and taco meat among dinner bowls or plates.
- Top with desired toppings.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with chips and salsa.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Combine cooked rice and pinto beans in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Wine Pairing: Cabernet SauvignonNutrition per Serving: (does not include toppings) Calories: 370 Total Fat: 10g Sat. Fat: 3.5g Cholest: 75mg Sodium: 740mg Carbs: 37g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 0g Protein: 32g