Molten Brownie Lava Cakes Recipe
No reservations required. Make your own restaurant-style lava cakes at home, filled with molten fudge.
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 3 large eggs + 3 egg yolks
- 12 parchment muffin liners
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Butterscotch ice cream topping for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter; microwave on HIGH 45-60 seconds. Stir until smooth; set aside.
- In medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high, beat eggs until very foamy. Gradually beat in Butterscotch Brownie Mix. Gently fold in melted chocolate mixture.
- Line 1 (12-count) muffin pan with liners; spray with no-stick cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake 10-12 minutes or just until edges are set (centers will be jiggly). Cool in pan 2 minutes.
- Carefully place cakes upside down on individual serving plates; carefully remove parchment paper. Serve with ice cream and a drizzle of butterscotch topping, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: If desired, sift powdered sugar on top of each lava cake for an additional garnish.