Minnesota Hot Dish Recipe
A Tastefully Simple twist on a Minnesota classic - Tater Tot Hot Dish.
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater puffs, divided
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare Creamy Wild Rice Soup Mix according to package directions using water.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble ground beef until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Drain off liquid.
- When soup is ready, add cooked beef, half the tater puffs, vegetables and cheese to soup. Transfer to a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with remaining tater puffs.
- Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly and tater puffs are browned.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSFan16 from Tweaked it to make it my own - loved it! Made this for my family and one of my son's friends (age 10) last night - loved it! I added spinach to the ground hamburger to add some nutrients. I used green beans instead of "mixed veggies." Also, we like potato crowns instead of tots. The TS wild rice soup gave a unique texture and flavor that you don't typically find in a Tater Tot Hotdish - will def make again!
Date published: 2018-10-03